Sunday, June 30, 2013

Catching up!

Obviously it's been an insanely long time since i posted! A whole 6 months has elapsed without one word! So sorry for the absence but many things have been happening! After spring break I got back to Cali and dove into a short quarter meaning everything was fast! Then home for 2 weeks for P1. Working in a hospital! I learned so much and had a great time! I absolutely love my profession!

I'm now back in So Cal working as a TA for the summer anatomy class, the same class that brought me out to LLU in June of last year! I can't believe it's already been a year since I started my program and moved out to California. It's been a crazy, whirlwind of a year, but also one of the most fun!

This weekend I headed down to San Diego with a few friends to compete in a relay triathlon! I swam 1km in 20 minutes! I feel pretty good about myself :) The swim was in mission bay. A very pretty area! And though it wasn't the actual ocean, I have to say it was hard! The little waves combined with so many people and the salt water and no wetsuit definitely did me in! But hey, it was fun!

I'm back in Loma now, trying to stay cool in the 106 degree weather! Record highs this weekend, YUCK! Another interesting and new fact is that I moved on Friday. From an apartment in Redlands to a beautiful house in Loma Linda! I'm so excited already about this new living situation! Picture to follow!

For the next 5 weeks I'll be in the cadaver lab teaching new students the ways of muscles and nerves that course through our body! And on July 21 I am doing a Tri by myself at Goleta Beach. Man oh man will this summer be an interesting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment