Friday, January 4, 2013

Wait! What?

Wow! I can't believe break went by so incredibly fast! It feels like just yesterday that I jumped off the plane and headed towards home with my daddy. I could definitely use another week before jumping back into school!

But now that I'm spending the last night in my amazingly comfortable, large, warm bed I am once again  wowed by the amazing family that I belong to! Not only did I get to see all of my best friends this break, but several of those friends happen to be my family! I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people!

So now for a quick run through of my break. I got home and spent the weekend lounging and sleeping and reading and not thinking! Along with meeting Baby Logan at my Gramma's 89th birthday celebration on Sabbath!





Tuesday and early Wednesday was spent with Amanda and DJ watching Pitch Perfect and shopping. Wednesday night Liv came to see me and stayed through Friday, when we met Emily for brunch. Amazing week was continued with Christmas with the Sommerville crew Saturday afternoon and evening and then I had to run off to join/host a bachelorette party for one of my long time friends Brooke. The night was spent laughing, catching up on news, reminiscing about old times, and opening lingere for the bride to be.






  Monday was Christmas eve and that meant a drive over to Gramma Collins house for the Collins Christmas. I got some more precious baby time and played with my adorable little cousin Kalie as well as being Santa and handing out presents and just being with family.





Christmas dawned slowly at our house. We got up around 9:30 and had breakfast followed by presents and a movie. Then DJ, mom, and I headed down to the Sonrise kitchen to help clean up after the Christmas meal. It was interesting to see what our church is doing for the homeless in Asheville! It was really a neat experience! Christmas night we headed over to GrandMarje's house for supper and games! I had fun playing Scattergories, Cranium, and Pictionary (even though I'm terrible at the last one!).



The next two days were slow and mostly spent at home just recouping from all the excitement. Friday, mom, Bisset, Amanda, and I headed to Nashville to attend Brooke's wedding. It was very nice and I'm so glad we went. It was of course lovely to watch Brooke get hitched, but it was even more fun spending time with my girls!







Lounging again ensued until Wednesday when DJ and I once again hopped in the car and headed over the mountain to Friendsville, TN to visit Krista and Matt. DJ helped them move and I entertained Kalie and got some more baby time with Mr. Logan. He's already grown so much since Christmas, I can't imagine how big he'll be by the next time I get to see him. We had a good day and then made it home for the last two days of my break.

And now it's Friday evening and I'm dreading the school work that lies only 2 days away. Jumping back into a hectic schedule after such an amazing break is going to be extremely challenging! But I'll keep plugging and do my best. Besides, the sooner I get back, the sooner I'll be done and can come home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment