Monday, January 14, 2013

First week back

The first week is always the hardest for me. The "get into study mode" comes way slower than I'd like it to and it's really a challenge to get up and go to bed like a good girl, not to mention the adjustment from east to west coast time. Man, life is rough! But through it all I have made it to the second Monday of the quarter. Sadly quizzes start NOW! With the studying not happening like it should have, it might make for an interesting morning.

On the bright side, the first week, though extremely overwhelming with syllabi and such being thrown at me, was really quite nice! It was fun to be back and see friends again, to get in the groove of going to class, working out, eating more healthfully, and enjoying the warmer SoCal weather. And to top it all off we got Fridays off this quarter which meant DISNEYLAND!!!! I had such a fun time with friends and I can't wait to go back!

Sleeping Beauty's Castle 

Twyla, Cassi, Woody, Kelsey, D'Haun, and Casey

Saturday was full of church, lunch, a quick change, and then game night for D'Haun's birthday. Super fun day again! And then Sunday, I slept till almost 11! It was blissful after several late nights and early mornings. And then I hit the books with Casey at Panera. And then at home for a few hours. In between chatting of course. And tonight I swam 36 laps in the pool at 8pm in under forty degree weather. Getting out of the pool is the worst torture I have ever known, but swimming over a mile made it worth it!

So for now it's to bed for me and an early morning to get solidified on the info needed for the quiz tomorrow. Yikes!!! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment