Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Make over!! Plus summer highlights :)

Thanks to my amazing bestie, and soon to be roomie again, Olivia Weber, my blog has been upgraded and majorly improved! Maybe this will mean I get on more, we'll find out! In the mean time, my summer job ended and summer quarter has begun and has 2 weeks left before I will once again make my way across the country back to the beautiful Carolina Mountains!

While all this time has elapsed I've gotten to do some very exciting things including my first solo sprint triathlon, a "get-set-glow" 5k, beach weekends, and more tri training, along with a little studying here and there to get the grade :) Overall, this summer has been a success! Of course being a TA took more out of me than I would care to admit, but this lazy quarter has come close to reviving my spirits! Hopefully the trip home will make everything worth while in life!

These next 2 weeks will be filled with writing papers, studying for quizzes and ultimately finals, and doing one more presentation. Then I'll catch red eye flight to the mountains of Asheville in order to be there for pre wedding week of my best friend Bisset Lee! I'm so excited to get to share in her wedding to Christian! Being so far away and not really being able to help her out with any real planning has been a complete bummer for me since I'm such a planner, and I cannot wait to see the beautiful setting she's pulled together!

Enough about what's coming up, some late, but still worthwhile pictures :)

Redlands bowl, the free evening concerts or plays or ballet's that we get to see :) 





San Diego Relay Tri! I swam a half mile, Twyla ran 6 miles and Kelsey biked 22 miles






Individual triathlon. Me, Kelsey, Twyla, and Melissa plus some fans :)

Trying to see Bethany Hamilton with Christy my new roommate. We missed her :(

Beach trips with Hannah! We've been at least twice!

End of the summer TA party!

Costume party, Minnie Mouse, Princess Leia, and Tiger Lily

Successful Tri Warriors!

The Triathletes with their cheer squad!

As I said before, this summer has been relatively successful regardless of a few freak out moments. I'm excited to head home but I'll also be ready to get back to the grind and move on with my SECOND year of PT school! Hurray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment