Monday, December 16, 2013

A journey: From Finals to Home


I am extremely behind on this blogging thing. Between school and trying to have a social life, the blogging gets tossed aside for more exciting and people oriented things. So to catch up…

Finals were atrocious. Never have I been so apathetic towards grades in my life! I sincerely hope that something changes in the next three weeks to get me ready to hit the books again for my last 22 weeks of intense classroom time. To top off the horrible finals, I was very ready to head home Thursday afternoon; sadly my plane had other ideas. There was a leak in the landing gear, which delayed the plane about 4 hours. Of course by then I’d missed all my connections and had to be put on another flight for Friday instead.

Obviously I was disappointed, but thankfully I have amazing friends that played space team with me, I got to go out to dinner with Hannah, and then decorate (mostly eat) Christmas cookies at home. After a good nights sleep I got to do it all again; repack a few things, load up the car, drive to the airport, and pray I could actually take off this time!

And now I’m home and loving the relaxed downtime with family and friends! I couldn’t ask for a more peaceful first weekend back!

No comments:

Post a Comment