Friday, January 31, 2014

The Lion King

The weekend after we began winter quarter, a group of my friends had tickets to go to The Lion King musical in downtown Hollywood at the Pantages Theater. And what a night we had!

The day dawned bright and sunny with church at ReLive with Hannah, and Casey. Then lunch followed and shortly thereafter I met up with Twyla, Kelsey, and D'Hahn to go to another classmates house for a little BBQ get together. We could only stay for about an hour because we needed to get ready for the night out, but it was fun nonetheless.

I met Olivia and Casey at home, changed, and we hit the road. Liv knew of a gourmet grilled cheese place in downtown LA and we hit that up before moving onto gelato and Starbucks. We were a little over jealous and got to the theater ahead of when they would let us take our seats but we had fun taking pictures and just talking until they let us in.

Twyla, Melissa, D'Hahn, Randy, Jo, T, and Kelsey joined us soon after and the show began. Immediately I was completely caught up in the music, the insane costumes, and graceful dancers! I'm in LOVE with musical theater! I can't wait to see a play on Broadway, one day it's gonna happen! It might need to be said that The Lion King was my favorite movie for a year or two when I was 4 and 5 so it's very near and dear to my heart. Well let me tell you, the play went above and beyond my wildest expectations! The story was as I remembered it from the movie, but the songs and insane engineering of the costumes made it even better than I imagined it would be!

At this point the evening ended with a drive home and bed, but oh man was it a night! I highly recommend plays to anyone and everyone! This one was especially fun since it was a Disney play, but I think Wicked might still be top in my book.
LA at night, slightly ghetto area. But still way fun!







Gelato!


No comments:

Post a Comment