Friday, March 8, 2013

A night at the theater

Amazing, spectacular, beautiful, mind-blowing, are just a few words that describe the evening that I just experienced! Music is a magnificent thing that can capture so much of the human experience as well as express the highs and lows of daily living of a lifetime. I have always been a fan of musicals. Whether it's a Disney classic where I sing all the songs or the classics like Sound of Music, I am always greatly entertained by the drama that is created through song. In the last 10 months I have been introduced to Broadway. Not in New York City, but in London and Orange County.

I have to sidebar and say that if your first musical isn't in New York, I believe the second best place is London! I mean how much better can it get? Now back on topic.

While in London, my cousin and I got to see Chicago, a timeless classic that was extremely entertaining and well worth the walk and ride via metro in heels to see it! I was instantly hooked and couldn't wait to go to another! Sadly we didn't have time to catch another show, the one that I really wanted to see, Wicked!

Well tonight I got my wish. Several weeks ago a friend mentioned that Wicked was touring in California and would be in Orange County for several weeks. I jumped on the chance to go see the legendary musical. Thankfully, I have really fun friends and a group of us went to see it together. I was blown away by the amazing seats, incredible orchestra, and outstanding performers! Galinda, turned Glinda, was perfectly peppy and Elphie did an awesome job as the smart-alic, tough girl the role calls for! It completely took my breath away!

Needless to say, I have found my favorite broadway play thus far! And I will be keeping my eye out on tickets for other musicals that come around in the next couple years to see if I can snag another amazing performance!!!

The beginnings of the hair. 
A huge deal because in Southern California it doesn't rain. Until today. The day I want my stick straight hair to stay curled and pretty. Yes 100% humidity made my job that much harder!

Pearls, my way to class up a fun dress


Can we fix it?

Yes we can!!!

The full effect, plus my messy room.

Our car full of girls :)

Kelsey!!!



The dragon clock

The opening stage, map of Oz



Our full group

The adorable couple

And the other cute couple

After a long evening, still stoked!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast, Cass!! Plays are so much fun!! You looked lovely. And the curl stayed more than we thought it would! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete