Thursday, September 4, 2014

That laboring day weekend

After a crazy week, and a Friday morning where I felt like my brain had run back to California or maybe even Alaska, I was desperately waiting for 5 o'clock to arrive. The original plan was to head towards Knoxville to my cousins house for the night, but as plans often do they changed. So I rolled on down the road to Candler where my mom was home alone for the night and Saturday. Surprise! I'm home!

Thankfully my family is getting used to me just dropping in and no one seems to mind. Mom had plans to eat at my aunts house after church so I tagged along and got to see several family members which was very nice. After that we headed to downtown Hendersonville where the Apple Festival was in full swing.

This festival happens every year, and I've only made it there once when I was about 3. So I was ready to see what all the fuss was about again. They have tons of apple products and other farmers market type stuff: apple butter, apple bread, apple cider, all kinds of apples, maple cotton candy(my favorite!), jewelry, signs, free giveaways, a band, and lots more. We had a good time walking through the maze of people and just looking at the different booths.



I stayed home Saturday night and left early Sunday morning for Calhoun, GA. Where I spent the rest of my long weekend with LivLeigh. We went out on a houseboat, road jet skis, got caught in a storm, stayed up talking, planned all sort of dream trips, went into downtown Chatt, got amazing donuts, did a senior photo shoot, and all around had a great time.


                         


  "Don't worry I'll pick my feet up out of the road"--Olivia

Long weekends continue to be my favorites! Tuesday morning dawned too early and I was still tired from the week before and excitement of the weekend, but it was so worth it! Can't wait till the next "break".




1 comment:

  1. Wow, we really did have fun, didn't we? Thanks for making time for me! Now hurry to Cali!! :)

    ReplyDelete